Our core belief is to help each team member realise their potential. Are you ready to grow?
Positions currently available:
- Senior Ecologist – Derby (FT or PT)
- Flood Risk Consultant – Stafford (FT)
- Maternity Cover – Administration Assistant – Derby (PT)
We offer an exciting, flexible, challenging, light-hearted, yet professional working environment with unparalleled opportunities to learn, competitive rates of pay, overtime and Time Off In Lieu.
Benefits including; internal training programme, external training budget, a fleet of serviced vans, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, discounts on high street stores, reduced cinema tickets, social events and more!
We have offices in Stafford, Derby/Nottingham and Sheffield. Flexible working options considered due to the national scope of our projects. Feel free to get in touch for a discussion.
If you are interested in finding out more about either of these positions or in working for us at any level, please send a covering letter and CV to email@example.com or call 0115 930 2493.
Senior Ecologist with RammSanderson – East Midlands (FT or PT)
RammSanderson employs over 30 ecologists across three offices in strategic locations in the East & West Midlands and South Yorkshire. We continue to enjoy growth across the board and as a result, have opportunities for enthusiastic, diligent and hardworking ecologists with a range of skills and experiences to join us.
One of our main requirements at present is for Senior Ecologists Candidates with Class I and Class II Natural England bat survey licences. We also require experienced ecological professionals to help manage projects, complete a variety of surveys, write a range of reports, licence applications and other related written elements. Experience and demonstrable competencies surveying for herpetofauna, mammals (including bats) and botany would be essential, other areas of specialism such as ornithology or EIA production would also be considered.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a minimum of 5-10 years’ Ecological Consultancy experience
- Hold Natural England survey licences for at least one protected group or species, potentially with experience of applying for mitigation licences.
- Associate / Full CIEEM Membership
- Be able to manage multiple ecological projects simultaneously
- Have botanical survey abilities sufficient to complete Phase 1 Habitat Surveys of a range of habitats
- At least one degree in Ecology or a related field
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Flood Risk Consultant – Stafford (FT or PT)
RammSanderson are looking for an experienced Flood Risk Consultant to join the growing consultancy. The ideal candidate will be based out of the West Midlands (Stafford) office although opportunity for working out of regional offices in the East Midlands (Ilkeston) and Yorkshire (Sheffield) are available.
You will be involved in the preparation of site specific flood risk and drainage assessment including indicative drainage design, site walkover surveys and have direct correspondence with Clients, Lead Local Flood Authorities, the Environment Agency and Local Planning Authorities.
RammSanderson provide an efficient and professional service. Therefore the ability to communicate and co-operate within a project team to support and deliver the project brief is essential. The successful candidate will be able to plan and monitor their own work load and meet project demands. As part of a growing team it will be necessary to share knowledge and experience and mentor junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience with a Flood Risk Consultancy.
Skills and experience in the following areas are essential:
- Minimum Degree level (Masters preferable) qualification in Engineering, Earth Science, Environment Science, Geography, or Water
- Member of CIWEM/ICE working towards Chartered Status
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Technical Guidance to the NPPF.
- Skills and knowledge in drainage strategy and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- GIS, AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite.
- A current UK Driving Licence
The following skills are desired but not essential:
- Hydrological analysis using Flood Estimation Handbook techniques and associated software packages, such as ReFH and WINFAP.
- Hydraulic modelling in 1D/2D software packages such as Hec-Ras, Flood Modeller Pro (ISIS) and TUFLOW.
Maternity Cover – Administration Assistant – Derby (PT)
Maternity cover required on part-time hours (24hrs/week – flexible) based in our Derby office. The position is currently advertised for maternity cover but we continue to experience strong growth and may seek to make the position permanent to add to the team.
The role will report to our Office Manager and duties will include:
- Answer the phone at Ilkeston Office and transfer calls both internally and externally
- Greet visitors in reception
- Deliveries – receive all goods inward and arrange shipment of goods outward
Maintain accounts for suppliers incl. broadband, water, electricity and gas, sanitary products.
Book accommodation for staff when required using hotel accounts.
Manage staff and company expenses – review and maintain expense records.
- Maintain mileage records and facilitate weekly /monthly reporting for invoicing
- Maintain Service and MOT history and book repairs and services
- Maintain fuel card accounts
New Project set-up
- Use the internal timesheets system
- Provide folder with necessary documents for the project manager
Experience using Sage (or other accounting systems) would be beneficial but not essential. Training on all other systems will be provided.