Principal Ecologist/ Team Leader
Salary £negotiable dependent upon experience (+benefits package)
RammSanderson Ecology Ltd. are seeking an experienced ecologist to take on team leadership of our Stafford ecology team and to help drive our business forward in its next exciting phase of growth. As a Principal Ecologist at RammSanderson, you can expect to get involved with management and delivery of all elements of field surveys, assessment, business development and report writing and project management. This role will also include operation responsibility of the team including line management and staff development.
We have a team of over 30 ecologists (of a total of over 50 staff) working nationally and in Ireland. Our projects are varied, from smaller housing schemes and retail developments involving significant Biodiversity Net Gain assessments, through to nationally important road and rail schemes, garden villages and quarries. Our team will benefit from your leadership and vision to help their development and continued improvement.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Extensive experience and knowledge of ecological consultancy, preferably from a similar leadership role.
- A technical specialism, for example Biodiversity Net Gain, bats, ornithology or botany.
- Full membership of CIEEM
- Experience in producing and reviewing technical reports, providing support and clear constructive feedback, promoting professional development of the team
- Project management experience, ensuring projects are delivered within time and budget requirements.
- Line management and team development experience.
- Knowledge of relevant aspects of UK and EU environmental Legislation and national and local planning policies and processes
- Work closely with the Directors, Ecology Lead and Operations Director to develop and grow the technical capabilities of our existing team, as well as aid growth and expansion of our team and client base.
- Be determined, ambitious and enthusiastic and primarily have values aligned to the core values of RammSanderson.
- Provide sound and relevant technical advice to our ecologists, habitat management and arboricutural teams, as well as our clients.
- Communicate effectively and provide high quality, expert advice to clients and stakeholders and environmental regulators.
- Support the team’s professional development working closely with the other Seniors and Principals, Ecology Lead and Operations Director.
What we offer:
- Employee Assistance Programme: This provides a 24/7 confidential service giving access to counselling sessions for yourself and your household, as well as access to a Digital Wellbeing Portal, Digital Gym, a rewards site and many other benefits, all provided by Spectrum Life
- Group Life Assurance – financial provision for your nominated person in the event of your death whilst employed by RammSanderson. Amount is a multiple of your salary dependent upon grade.
- Time off in lieu (TOIL) banking & overtime system, so that you’re paid for every hour you work and can benefit from this from earning extra time off, and/or overtime pay.
- An enhanced maternity leave package, with full salaried pay for the first 12 weeks of leave, with statutory maternity pay thereafter.
- An enhanced paternity leave package, with full salary for 3 weeks, plus additional leave (or TOIL) by negotiation.
- A per household “Baby Bonus” of £500 in your salary, toward the cost of nursery/pram/etc that comes with a new child.
- A series of selectable benefits for you to nominate (or not) for the financial year ahead. This will include such things as Cycle to Work scheme, childcare vouchers, discounted gym memberships, buying & selling annual leave entitlement amongst a range of others.
- “Shout Outs” : team members are nominated at weekly team meetings for entry into a quarterly prize draw for something positive they have done each week. Prizes are drawn at quarterly business review meetings held with all staff present/virtually present.
- A great team spirit and culture. We have a good mix of “family feel” in terms of the way we look after people, and our reaction times with regard to decision making (no red tape!) etc but with a much larger company attitude to H&S, competency, customer service and training.
- Great annual parties! These often include a 360 review session to look at our services, team and feedback received to see how and where improvements can be made
- Annual training budget for externally led CPD courses; plus regular internal training seminars and CPD programme which you could help shape.
- Huge variety of project types and scale, sectors of work and clients.
- Laptop & work mobile provided, home access to server.
- Hire cars and a fleet of company vehicles available for use as required.
- Mileage paid on any personal car mileage, plus all expenses covered in line with our expenses policy.
- We are open to Flexible working arrangements on location, when your working hours would be and how many days per week you would work.
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Finders fees payable on successful recruitment of other candidates in your network
No Agency CVs.