Our core belief is to help each team member realise their potential. Are you ready to grow?
Positions currently available:
- Assistant Arboriculturist Derby (FT or PT)
- Senior Ecologist – Derby (FT or PT)
- Flood Risk Consultant – Stafford (PT/FT)
We offer an exciting, flexible, challenging, light-hearted, yet professional working environment with unparalleled opportunities to learn, competitive rates of pay, overtime and Time Off In Lieu.
Benefits including; internal training programme, external training budget, a fleet of serviced vans, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, discounts on high street stores, reduced cinema tickets, social events and more!
We have offices in East Midlands, West Midlands, Yorkshire and London. Flexible working options considered due to the national scope of our projects. Feel free to get in touch for a discussion.
If you are interested in finding out more about either of these positions or in working for us at any level, please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0115 930 2493.
Assistant Arboriculturist with RammSanderson – East Midlands (FT or PT)
RammSanderson are looking for an Assistant Arboriculturist to join the expanding arboricultural team based at the East Midlands (Ilkeston) office.
You will be involved in carrying out a varied range of arboricultural surveys and producing corresponding reports for a broad client base. With a main focus on onsite data collection following the guidance of BS5837:2012 for trees on development sites. A sound level of arboricultural knowledge and experience is therefore essential to enable you to carry out surveys with the minimum of supervision.
RammSanderson provide a modern and professional arboricultural service, with a team based approach to meeting our Client’s requirements. The ability to communicate both within the project team and directly to Clients is therefore essential. As is the ability to plan and monitor your own work load to meet deadlines and deliver the project brief.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Arboricultural (or closely related) qualification to a minimum of Level 3.
- Be able to demonstrate a good level of arboricultural knowledge – tree identification, pests and diseases, visual tree assessment, tree management, relevant legislation.
- The ability to carry out arboricultural surveys, including undertaking BS5837 assessments.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- A current full UK Driving Licence
Desired (but not essential) Skills:
- Professional Tree Inspection qualification.
- Plan production using AutoCAD.
- Technical grade (or higher) membership of the Arboricultural Association.
Senior Ecologist with RammSanderson – East Midlands (FT or PT)
RammSanderson employs over 30 ecologists across three offices in strategic locations in the East & West Midlands and South Yorkshire. We continue to enjoy growth across the board and as a result, have opportunities for enthusiastic, diligent and hardworking ecologists with a range of skills and experiences to join us.
One of our main requirements at present is for Senior Ecologists Candidates with Class I and Class II Natural England bat survey licences. We also require experienced ecological professionals to help manage projects, complete a variety of surveys, write a range of reports, licence applications and other related written elements. Experience and demonstrable competencies surveying for herpetofauna, mammals (including bats) and botany would be essential, other areas of specialism such as ornithology or EIA production would also be considered.
The ideal candidate would:
- Have a minimum of 5-10 years’ Ecological Consultancy experience
- Hold Natural England survey licences for at least one protected group or species, potentially with experience of applying for mitigation licences.
- Associate / Full CIEEM Membership
- Be able to manage multiple ecological projects simultaneously
- Have botanical survey abilities sufficient to complete Phase 1 Habitat Surveys of a range of habitats
- At least one degree in Ecology or a related field
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Flood Risk Consultant – Stafford (FT or PT)
RammSanderson are looking for an experienced Flood Risk Consultant to join the growing consultancy. The ideal candidate will be based out of the West Midlands (Stafford) office although opportunity for working out of regional offices in the East Midlands (Ilkeston) and Yorkshire (Sheffield) are available.
You will be involved in the preparation of site specific flood risk and drainage assessment including indicative drainage design, site walkover surveys and have direct correspondence with Clients, Lead Local Flood Authorities, the Environment Agency and Local Planning Authorities.
RammSanderson provide an efficient and professional service. Therefore the ability to communicate and co-operate within a project team to support and deliver the project brief is essential. The successful candidate will be able to plan and monitor their own work load and meet project demands. As part of a growing team it will be necessary to share knowledge and experience and mentor junior members of the team.
The ideal candidate will have 5+ years experience with a Flood Risk Consultancy.
Skills and experience in the following areas are essential:
- Minimum Degree level (Masters preferable) qualification in Engineering, Earth Science, Environment Science, Geography, or Water
- Member of CIWEM/ICE working towards Chartered Status
- Flood Risk Assessments and knowledge of the National Planning Policy Framework (NPPF) and Technical Guidance to the NPPF.
- Skills and knowledge in drainage strategy and Sustainable Drainage Systems (SuDS)
- GIS, AutoCAD and the Microsoft Office suite.
- A current UK Driving Licence
The following skills are desired but not essential:
- Hydrological analysis using Flood Estimation Handbook techniques and associated software packages, such as ReFH and WINFAP.
- Hydraulic modelling in 1D/2D software packages such as Hec-Ras, Flood Modeller Pro (ISIS) and TUFLOW.
Find out what it is to start a Career in Ecology Consultancy
Gabby from our Yorkshire team took the time to talk with BBC Bitesize about her pathway into consultancy and how she has found it.
Read the full article here