RammSanderson provide services to a wide range of public and private sector clients across all scales of developments. Providing a pragmatic and cost effective approach to projects on a site specific basis. We are founded on the principles of customer service, technical excellence and pragmatic solution-based consulting. We have embraced new technologies to provide efficiencies and advances in our surveying and reporting and we continually seek to make further improvements to our product and service.
Since establishing RammSanderson have grown to provide Ecological Consultancy, Flood Risk Assessment and Arboriculture services.
Our staff are fully H&S, First Aid trained, CIEEM registered & Suitably Qualified (BRE) Ecologist.
We are a RISQS approved supplier with PTS accredited ecologists experienced in undertaking surveys within the rail corridor.
Ecology Industry Update (Jan 17): Download our newsletter on the recent DEFRA and Natural England policy changes for Licensing & Low Impact Class Licences and how these may benefit your site: eps-policy-change-licl-update
- Phase 1 Habitat Surveys
- Ecological Impact Assessment
- Preliminary Ecological Appraisals
- Protected Species Surveys
- DNA Analysis of Protected Species evidence
- Protected Species Mitigation Design & Licensing
- Bat Surveys:
- Great Crested Newt Surveys
- Great Crested Newt eDNA Analysis
- Reptile Surveys
- Otter Surveys
- Water Vole Surveys
- Badger Surveys
- Dormouse Surveys
- White Clawed Crayfish Surveys
- Bird Surveys:
- Breeding Bird Surveys,
- Wintering Bird Surveys,
- Vantage Point Surveys and Collision Risk Modelling for wind farms.
- BREEAM and Code for Sustainable Homes Ecology Assessment
- Environmental/Habitat Management Plans
- Habitat Creation, Restoration & Translocation
- Ecological Clerk of Works Service
- BS5837 Arboricultural Impact Assessments and Method Statements
- Tree Protection Plans
- Tree Constraints Plans
- Tree Shading Plans
RammSanderson now offer in house landscape contracting capabilities. We believe this provides a streamlined approach to the needs of our clients and their projects. Several of our trained landscaping operatives are also ecologists and can therefore understand the needs of our clients and the sensitivity of ecology on sites.
- Vegetation clearance
- Tree Felling
- Invasive Species advice & treatment
- Amphibian and Reptile Fence installation and maintenance checks
- Site habitat management works
- Estate Management
- Land bank management & advice
- Bat & Bird box supply & installation via roped access if required
- Roped access tree inspection & felling where required
- Arboricultural Tree health & condition inspection & emergency felling where necessary
- Habitat creation, such as new ponds, tree, hedgerow & landscape planting and subsequent management
We can combine disciplines to great advantage not only from an ecological, arboriculture and flooding perspectives, but from a cost saving perspective also. For instance, for sites requiring vegetation clearance during the nesting bird season, our ecologists can check the site ahead of works to provide compliance with protected species and then where appropriate to do so, undertake the clearance operations meaning only one set of operatives is required on site. Other examples include tree felling works supported by pre-clearance roped access climbed inspection for bats by licensed bat ecologists and fence installation works completed by licensed newt surveyors.