RammSanderson employ over 35 ecologists nationwide and have an opportunity within their growing team in Sheffield for an ecologist. This is a unique opportunity for someone driven and enthusiastic to work directly with a senior ecologist and talented assistant ecologists in a wider team, where each member really matters.
You will have the opportunity to work on a range of exciting projects across the country and develop your skills in ecology with unparalleled opportunities to learn with generous training budgets and inhouse workshops/seminars to help reach your full potential. You will gain experience in protected species and habitat surveying, writing of various technical reports, biodiversity impact assessments, ecological impact assessments, data analysis and mitigation/management strategies.
Skills and Experience:
– A degree in a relevant discipline (2:1 and above)
– Postgraduate qualification (desired)
– A full driving licence and access to own vehicle
– Good written and oral communication skills
– CIEEM membership
– Previous experience in ecological consultancy (3 years minimum)
– Experience in phase 1, EcIA and protected species surveying
– One or more protected species licences (Class 2 bat licence required)
What makes us different:
- Competitive salary
- TOIL and overtime
- Fleet of vans
- Tailored training to your interests with frequent review to maintain CPD at all grades
- Company credit cards
- Designated evening off per week during peak season and maximum limit of three nights away
- No back to back dusk/dawn surveys
- Compulsory office day every Monday to prep for fieldwork
- Private pension
- Office in Kelham Island with good options for lunches and after work drinks (with supportive and sociable team)
- Paid for Xmas party and end of season social!
For an opportunity to discuss further, please send your CV and a covering letter.
- Private medical/dental insurance
- Company events & social hours
- Subsidised gym membership
- Life insurance
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent